Remove this ad

Share your blog spot here! (no pun intended)

Rss     Subscribe     Share     Tweet    

0 Points

#61 [url]

Mar 14 13 10:59 PM

Hi Bettyann! My family was in Morgan county also, and Montgomery, Magoffin and Greenup counties as well. Pretty much my whole mother's side of the family has roots in KY. It has been a lot of fun reading up on the history, there is SO much I never learned about it in school!

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#62 [url]

Mar 15 13 4:49 AM

Hi Mitzi

Welcome to the forum. Writing a piece of historical fiction is very much on my wish list so I'll be thrilled to have you here and look forward to following your journey. I love your approach about defining in the end of your historical fiction what exactly is fact, have you seen this done before? 

Quote    Reply   

#63 [url]

Mar 16 13 6:14 AM

Hi Lynn! Thanks for the warm welcome, I'm really enjoying the site! :)

No I haven't really seen anyone do it before, not that I can remember running across anyway. I just figured that might be one way to help anyone, especially family, who reads the book to understand what the known facts are, and what I had to come up with on my own...

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#64 [url]

Apr 4 13 8:15 AM

Finally, after giving it much thought, I have quit procrastinating and have taken the plunge into the world of blogging. I've started my family history blog, and here's the link: http://rattlingoldbones.blogspot.com/   It's a baby steps start, but it's a start. Thank you, Lynn, for the encouragement you give us to go ahead and do the things that intimidate us.

Zola

Quote    Reply   

#65 [url]

Apr 4 13 8:23 AM

Bettyann and Mitzi, I've been doing research for a friend whose family came from Fleming County, Kentucky, and, in fact, their name was Fleming. They also lived in Lincoln and Boyle counties. I've been thinking I might need to make a genealogy trip there to search records. I love Kentucky. I've traveled through it many times on the way to visit my mother in southwestern Virginia. I have many distant kin living in your state.

Zola

Quote    Reply   

#66 [url]

Apr 4 13 9:28 AM

Thanks for the info, Zola!  I just found a book on Fleming County through one of the roots web groups.  My Dutch Ancestors written by a Ralph Dean.  I had to go to our Tennessee State Library to be able to read it...actually just skim it as we didn't have much time that day.  I'll need to go back.  I didn't find my ancestors in his book, but like I said didn't spent too much time.  Anyway his ancestors were from Fleming County.  My ancestors lived in Muses Mill in Fleming Co.  That was the last place they lived in Kentucky.  Yes, I love Kentucky too.  Actually better than Ohio, where I grew up.  And I love Tennessee, where I live now.  

Bettyann Schmidt rhinegirl.blogspot.cim

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help