Remove this ad

Lead

Feb 3 13 9:38 PM

Tags : :

I've seen a couple of posts where people have attached a document. How do you do this?

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#1 [url]

Feb 4 13 12:37 AM

I've worked it out.  When I view this on my laptop (Internet Expolorer) I can see the upload document button at the bottom of the posting box, but when I view it on the ipad the button doesn't appear!

Shelley

Quote    Reply   

#3 [url]

Feb 4 13 2:17 AM

This looks like a great start to your story, Louise.  It shows where your interest in family history started.  I love your first sentence.   Your writing shows your involvement in the research and how you imagined being in the shoes of your ancestors. The conflicting census information was a bit confusing for me to read, but I did work it out in the end!  It does show what you said - you can't always rely on the records.  I like the way that you mention fast food and diapers - link to modern times. 

Can I suggest that you post this as a new topic, that way you might get more people to read it.
Regards 

Shelley

Quote    Reply   

#4 [url]

Feb 5 13 10:07 AM

Louise, you're right there is usually much more information about our male ancestors than our mothers.  Love your idea.  Can't wait to see more.

Connie from WV stuck here in Florida

Quote    Reply   

#5 [url]

Feb 6 13 8:42 AM

I got caught wanting to read more. Please post your final story so I can finish it! :)

It also made me realize that it's very easy to write more than one paragraph for one family. I'm always scared of having nothing to say. You proved me wrong.

All these posts are making me want to write more and more. So now I'll be off doing research on the places at the dates my people lived in and I now know I can find something interesting to write about.

Love your post Louise.. again.. Please post the final draft so we can continue to read the story, I was so getting into it! :)

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#6 [url]

Feb 6 13 9:48 AM

Very nice start Louise. I love the approach. And like Andrea looking forward to reading more. I always like to know who your intended audience is and what your goal is for the your stories? 

Quote    Reply   

#7 [url]

Feb 6 13 9:13 PM

Shell:

I do have it posted as a Topic.  It is called:  Pioneer Women of the Appalachians.  Thanks for your input.  When I finish writing for that day I will always upload the story.  I am a late night writer for I don't sleep well.  So I tend to read the forum and form ideas and then write.  Thanks for your support.

Louise

Louise

Quote    Reply   

#8 [url]

Feb 6 13 9:15 PM

Connie:

Thanks so much for your support.  I know what you mean about being stuck in Florida.   I am stuck in southern California.  I left home at 15 and have not lived there since.  Been blessed to have several long visits but in my heart that is and always will be home.

Louise

Quote    Reply   

#9 [url]

Feb 6 13 9:19 PM

Andreab

Thank you so much for your kind words.  I have set up my story under Topics (actually I did this by mistake but it has worked out ok) and when I finish writing each night I will upload the story as I go along.  I am so glad it is proving to be interesting.

Louise

Quote    Reply   

#10 [url]

Feb 6 13 9:22 PM

Lynn:

Thanks so much.  I hope it will still be a good read when it is done.  I want to feature all my women ancestors.  I chose Mary first because I know so little about her and my father's line is the shortest for me because it only goes back to her.  My mothers side goes clear back to the 1740s in Virginia so I will not be using all the same background material.

Louise

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help