Remove this ad

Lead

Mar 28 13 8:19 PM

Tags : :

Hi everyone. I have been so busy since I found my grandmothers diary. I have been writing, checking dates and names and times and still trying to live my regular life. The find was a treasure for me and I have shared it with my cousins so its been a group writing project. This is entirely new to all of us, it's been a very interesting time. Right now the manuscript is in Australia with a cousin who is an editor. We have been emailing and skypeing but we finally decided she really needed a hard copy of everything, so it's on an Australian vacation. I wish I I could be there too. I have been through every emotion from exhilaration to exasperation so I'm taking a break. But I wanted to thank you for doing this project. I found my grandmother's diary because I wanted to write a few words about my family. I don't know that I would have found it for a long time, if ever. You helped create a wonderful thing.
Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#1 [url]

Apr 13 13 6:18 AM

Wow...you are very trusting with sending the manuscript all over the globe! My Assistant has a family history book published in very limited edition during his grandfather's generation...now that is. His grandfather had allowed a family member to borrow it...about fifteen years ago. They looked at it, set it down, and forgot about it. Just recently they discovered it and sent it back. My Assistant is now finally able to view his Italian heritage complete with many family photos. But mailing an item that rare concerns me. I think I would have scanned it, sent the scans to people via email, or made reprints and mailed them. While I am NOT questioning the cousin/editor...I certainly DO question the mail system...especially international mail. I hope you get it back safe and sound!

Quote    Reply   

#2 [url]

Apr 13 13 9:22 AM

I'm with Deb, that makes me very nervous. On another note are you journaling your journey in discovering this diary and where it is taking you and all the emotions you are going through, also a very important part of the story. 

Quote    Reply   

#3 [url]

Apr 14 13 11:35 AM

I have a copy and everyone has their copy. They email me notes and opinions and questions. I did send a hard copy to Australia and emailed a copy. Losing it is a worry but we have backups. The original is too precious to lose.

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help