Remove this ad

#21 [url]

Feb 1 13 6:43 PM

I agree with the point about finding the holes in your research. I'm spending a chunk of time nailing down for myself (and future readers, if any) just why I think I have the right brother John for my main person, even though he moved around a lot, was not always the only person with the same name and occupation, and, unlike his siblings, shows no sign of having immigrated from Ireland. When you have to turn it into sentences you find the gaps!

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#22 [url]

Feb 1 13 7:30 PM

I pledged 250 words and I am happy - I worked on two small sections of my grandfather's biography - one section was 294 words, though over half of that was his writing - I inserted an anecdote of his about his childhood dog. The other section was 288 words of only my writing, in a section that will be the start of his retirement - talk about jumping all around his life in one night! I am doing my work in Scrivener, which I am loving. As I wrote, things came up that I will need to clarify with my dad, or ask my dad his opinion of - I was able to quickly type a brief note in the Inspector section to the side without having to get up and grab a pen or a notebook, so my flow of writing wasn't interrupted, and the list of things I need to clarify appear in right next to where I was writing about them. 

Quote    Reply   

#24 [url]

Feb 2 13 5:42 AM

@Nicb love to hear about others using Scrivener, it's a great tool! Congrats on exceeding in Day 1!

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#25 [url]

Feb 2 13 7:00 AM

My goal for this challenge isn't a word count but a project completion.  So yesterday I wrote 520 words towards this.  I've already got a good timeline for today's writing so hopefully I'll have time to type it up tonight to do a word count tomorrow!  Normally I write on the computer, but today I will be computerless, so...

~Debbie mmgenealogy.blogspot.com

Quote    Reply   

#26 [url]

Feb 2 13 7:24 AM

Day 1 netted 289 words. My goal is to write 150 to ?? each day as the mind flows. As I began my trek through this challenge, I found that a short “prologue,” a photo and a “story” might be my way to start. Each of these snippets can then be organized into something more formal, most likely by family, later in the game. I find that in writing and research my most productive work is to go with what the heart is feeling.

Quote    Reply   

#28 [url]

Feb 3 13 10:09 AM

My goal is 500 words per day, and I only wrote 403 words; but I have a better outline, and a better idea of where I'm going.  I didn't 'research' during my writing time; but my writing time today was a great motivator to then accomplish some further research and organization of materials!

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help