Remove this ad

Lead

Mar 3 12 5:47 AM

Tags : :

Although The Challenge has  officially ended for this year, the forum will continue to remain up and open to aid those of us who are continuing to write our family history. I have opened the forum to other members of the genealogical community. If you are joining us at this stage, please feel free to introduce yourself. Members who have been with me here this past month I know you will be welcoming and wonderful ambassdors to new members joining. Looking forward to growing the forum and the power of family history storytellers. 

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#3 [url]

Mar 11 12 8:02 AM

Yes, I like the sound of that.  I belong to several writers' groups online, even a memoir writers' place I belong to,  and have my facebook, twitter, and linkedin, but as far as a group of strictly family history writers, no, I don't have one of those.  This writing is different from other genres.  b.

Bettyann Schmidt rhinegirl.blogspot.cim

Quote    Reply   

#4 [url]

Mar 11 12 11:27 AM

Bettyann, I'd be interested in finding out about the memoir writer's group...is in online, or live?

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#5 [url]

Mar 12 12 6:16 AM

It's online-- Womens Memoirs. www.womensmemoirs.com   It's not a writing group but more of a blog that features memoirs that have been published and interviews with the authors, tips, classes, etc.  I've been writing a guest blog for them for several years and just recently took a break to concentrate on my own writing--my family memoir.  I think I learned more from writing those blogs than in all the books I'd read.

If you check it out, I had the "ScrapMoir," category, which the two ladies who own the site came up with from a combo of scrapbooking and memoir.  I was a scrapbook consultant, and they approached me about writing for them on the subject.  You can find some good info on writing memoir on the site.  b.

Bettyann Schmidt rhinegirl.blogspot.cim

Quote    Reply   

#7 [url]

Mar 13 12 4:27 PM

Thanks Bettyann! I appreciate your sharing!

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help