Remove this ad

Lead

Oct 27 12 4:07 AM

Tags : :

I am almost ready to publish my second family history book.  I published my first one through CrossBooks and it was very costly and not very user friendly for a family history book.  I'm looking for a way to publish my book in both hard and soft cover with a copyright number.  Any suggestions?

My goal is to print a book on each one our children's family lines --  I have 5 more to go.  All have a SC or NC setting and contains stories -- not just genealogy. I plan to have the complete series done by 2018 at which time I will be eighty two.  I'm looking for the best, most economical and user friendly way to accomplish my task with quality books available to the public.  Can you help me determine this?

June Gardner

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#1 [url]

Dec 6 12 7:35 AM

Hi June, sorry some how I missed this post. It would all depend on how much you wish to spend, are family members paying for this book, are you selling it to the public, do you want it on Amazon or is it strictly private. Is this a family legacy book or a family memoir novel type. I'm certainly willing to help you zone in on just the right publishing option for you. 

Quote    Reply   

#2 [url]

Dec 7 12 3:42 AM

I have decided to go with Art Book Bindery.  They will set me up a webpage and I plan to sell to family and friends and through email, facebook, and the website.  It is about the Russ family and I know there are a lot of Russ family members out there -- just don't know how to get the word out to them about my book that takes the family history to before 1066.  It is not strictly genealogy -- it is also history and has lots of pictures, maps and some charts.  Not decided yet about doing an index.  Plan to be done in January -- if I do the index it will take a month longer.

June  

Quote    Reply   

#3 [url]

Dec 7 12 3:43 AM

I have decided to go with Art Book Bindery.  They will set me up a webpage and I plan to sell to family and friends and through email, facebook, and the website.  It is about the Russ family and I know there are a lot of Russ family members out there -- just don't know how to get the word out to them about my book that takes the family history to before 1066.  It is not strictly genealogy -- it is also history and has lots of pictures, maps and some charts.  Not decided yet about doing an index.  Plan to be done in January -- if I do the index it will take a month longer.
June  

-junegardner1

Quote    Reply   

#4 [url]

Dec 7 12 9:58 AM

I think your on the write path, email, Facebook and your own website are great places to let family and friends hear about your book. It's a print book. And are you printing and buying a certain number of copies to sell to them or is it print on demand, can they order and pay directly to the printer. You don't want to over produce and lay out a lot of money and be stuck with a lot of copies. Or considering pre-selling before you place your order. Just a few of my thoughts. 

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help